Explore at your own pace
Gods and goddesses designed this cycling odyssey just for you. With its ancient locales in brilliant blue and white, Greece is a hymn to the divine. Celebrate its glory in the sanctuary of ancient Greek theatres, Epidaurus! The epic begins to assume almost colossal proportions, especially in Mycenae... Between its Cyclopean walls and famous Lion Gate. Thalassa! Thalassa! The circle of the Cyclades is in sight. Cross the realm of Poseidon to reach the island of Paros, whose marble will leave you anything but cold... Next comes Naxos, the reputed childhood home of Zeus, the king of gods. Lastly, “volcanic” Santorini and its myth of Atlantis. So many divine surprises!
The package includes:
- round-trip air transportation for passenger and bicycle with Air Transat, as well as transfer between airport and hotel;
- 14 nights in two- to four-star hotels (double occupancy);
- 14 breakfasts and 5 evening meals;
- bus and ferry transfers;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $2 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
From 12 to 15 cyclists, accompanied by our guide.
Price of land portion of trip
(taxes included): price to be announced
Package excluding air transportation for passenger and bicycle.
From day to day
Short route: 251 km • Long route: 507 km
– Arrival in Athens and transfer to Nafplio with quick stops at the Corinth Canal and Argos.
– Free day or looped routes via the Mycenae ruins or the Palamidi Fortress (14 or 45 km).
- Nafplio, Aria, Gianouleika, Ligourio, Epidaurus archeological site, Palea Epidavros (45 km).
- Palea Epidavros, Koliaki, Didyma, Fourni, Kranidi, Ermioni (55 km).
- Ermioni, Thermisia, Galatas (44 km) and ferry to the island of Poros (10 mn).
– Optional looped route via the monastery Moni Zoodohou Pigis and the temple of Poseidon (19 km) and ferry to Piraeus (2 hrs 30 mn).
– Ferry from Piraeus to the island of Paros (4 hrs). Free afternoon or looped route via Naoussa, Lefkes, Marathi (32 km).
– Free day or looped route via Marathi, Lefkes, Prodromos, Marmara, Piso Livadi, Drios and Alyki (52 km).
– Free morning or looped route via Antiparos (36 km). Ferry from Paros to the island of Naxos (1 hr) and biking to Apolonnas via Egares (37 km).
- Apolonnas, Koronida, Skado, Apiranthos, Filoti, Halkio, Dimitria, Sangri, Hora (62 km).
– Free morning or looped route to Agia Anna beach (15 km). Ferry from Naxos to the island of Santorini (2 hrs 30 mn) and biking to Fira (8 km).
- Free day or looped route via Oia, Messaria, Kamari, Akrotiri (22 to 57 km).
- Free morning and ferry to Piraeus (9 hrs). Transfer to Athens.
– Free day.
– Transfer to Athens airport and flight back to Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!