Explore at your own pace
Hawaii... the word itself conjures up an endless series of images! Land of fire and home to the world’s most active volcano, Kilauea. The lush forests of the Hilo region, impressive waterfalls and sun-drenched black-sand beaches. Bicyclists burn with desire to explore the Hawaiian archipelago, the perfect place to experience the many pleasures of cycling. And the Big Island is sure to set all your senses ablaze and serve as the spark for a dazzling challenge!
From day to day
Short route: 501 km • Long route: 767 km
- Arrival in Kailua-Kona. Transfer to the hotel.
- Kailua-Kona, Kealkeka Bay, Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Park, Captain Cook (50 km).
- Captain Cook, Waiohinu, Naalehu, Whittington Beach Park, Panuluu Beach Park, Pahala (96 to 99 km).
- Pahala, Hilo (85 km).
- Free day or looped route around Hilo via Pahoa (83 km).
- Free day or round trip to the East coast of Mauna Kea Summit (2000 m) (20 to 96 km).
- Hilo, Honolii Beach, Kolekole Beach, Laupahoehoe, Honokaa, Waimea (97 to 112 km).
- Free day or round trip to the West coast of Mauna Kea Summit (2000 m) (36 to 100 km).
- Waimea, Hapuna Beach (15 to 67 km).
- Free day or looped route around Hapuna Beach.
- Hapuna Beach, Kailua-Kona (75 km).
- Free morning; transfer to Kailua-Kona airport and return trip to Montreal.
Itinerary subject to change
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!