Explore at your own pace
A different side of the Sunshine State
? Travel its west coast and discover a vividly-coloured landscape of red hibiscus and poinsettias, yellow, orange and green citrus, as well as mangroves and swamps bordered with cypress. In a modern version of Moses crossing the Red Sea, you will cycle through this vibrant world on narrow strips of land linked to the continent by impressive causeways, like that of Clearwater. This fascinating route will also take you to Venice, with its Mediterranean charm, St. Petersburg and its Dali Museum, and Estero Island, barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico, with its 11 km of white sandy beach.
From day to day
Short route: 241 km • Long route: 433 km
- Arrival in Orlando and transfer to St.Petersburg.
- Free day or looped route via Clearwater Beach, Belleair Shore, Indian Rocks Beach, Redington Beach, Madeira Beach, Treasure Island (70 or 74 km).
- Transfer to Palmetto or Bradenton. Bradenton, Saratosa (44 km). Optional route via Anna Maria Island, Bradenton Beach, Longboat Key (13 km).
- Sarasota, Venice (50 km). Optional route via Siesta Key, Casey Key, Laurel, Nokomis (10 km).
- Venice, South Venice, Manasota Key, Englewood Beach, Rotonda West, Punta Gorda (71 km).
- Punta Gorda, North Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach (76 km).
- Free day or looped route via Sanibel Island (70 km). Optional route via Captiva Island (25 km).
- Transfer to Fort Lauderdale and flight back to Montreal.
Itinerary subject to change
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!