Bike trip - Virginia
May 3 to 11, 2014 > Price (taxes included)
May 17 to 25, 2014 > Price (taxes included)
Itinerary and map Package includesVQV Formula
: 9 days / 8 nights > Level of difficulty : 3
Explore at your own pace
Springtime Virginia offers a bounty of cycling and visual pleasures along a smooth-paved undulating route starting at Martinsburg, with its famous roundhouse. Visit the university town of Shepherdstown and its charming main street. Bike through Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park, skirting the Potomac River and its series of locks. Follow pleasant routes past fields and meadows, Victorian mansions and mid-eighteenth century farms, at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Explore the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests. You will want to make the State’s slogan your own and say: Virginia is for lovers… of biking!
The package includes:
- round-trip bus transportation between Saint-Lambert (south shore of Montréal) and Martinsburg;
- bike transportation by truck (no boxing required);
- 8 nights in three-star hotel (double occupancy);
- 8 breakfasts and 2 evening meals;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 15-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $2 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
From 28 to 40 cyclists, accompanied by our two guides.
From day to day
Short route: 338 km • Long route: 500 km
- Rendez-vous in Saint-Lambert at 6:30 a.m. and departure at 7 a.m. Arrival in Martinsburg at 8:30 p.m. Meal breaks on the way.
- Martinsburg, Shepherdstown, Harper's Ferry, Charles Town (66 km).
- Charles Town, Berryville, Winchester (52 or 85 km).
- Winchester, Front Royal (51 to 91 km).
– Free day or looped route (47 or 70 km).
- Front Royal, Woodstock (66 km).
- Woodstock, Cedar Creek, Winchester (57 km).
- Winchester, Martinsburg (46 or 65 km).
- Departure from Martinsburg at 8 a. m. and arrival in Saint-Lambert at 9:30 p.m. Meal breaks on route.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!