Explore at your own pace
There are many ways to fall in love with Portugal. Musicians see it as the land of fados - melancholy, entrancing love songs that speak of saudade, or yearning, as a state of being. Wine lovers know it as the land of port, vinho verde, Madeira and Moscatel de Setúbal. Ceramists will tell you that there's nothing more beautiful than the glazed earthenware tiles found all over the country, particularly in Mafra and Caldas de Rainha. Architects sing the praises of the narrow Moorish streets of Évora, the medieval and Renaissance palaces, the fortified village of Marvão, Almourol castle, the Cistercian abbey in Alcobaça, the Convent of Christ in Tomar and many other attractions. Some visitors adore the carpets of Arraiolos, the pottery of Estremoz or the lace of Peniche, while others have eyes only for the beaches or the magnificent cliffs in Ericeira. Lastly, some succumb exclusively to the spell cast by magical Lisbon, whose charms are seemingly inexhaustible. As they say, love will find a way!
From day to day
Short route: 608 km • Long route: 739 km
- Arrival in Lisbon and transfer to Évora.
- Looped route via Valverde, São Brissos, São Sebastião da Giesteira (39 or 58 km).
- Évora, Arraiolos, Igrejinha, Santa Justa, Évoramonte, São Bento do Ameixial, Estremoz (75 km).
- Estremoz, Orada, Monforte, Arronches, Vale de Cavalos, Portalegre (85 km).
- Free day or looped route via Serra de São Mamede, Carreiras, Castello de Vide, Marvão, Portagem, Alvarrões (57 km).
- Portalegre, Crato Monte da Pedra, Gavião, Pego, Abrantes (87 km).
- Abrantes, Constância, Martinchel, Castelo de Bode, Tomar (36 or 47 km).
- Tomar, Ourém, Fátima, Batalha (52 km).
- Batalha, Porto de Mous, Zartinha, Salines, Óbidos (82 km).
- Free day or looped route via Peniche, Atougia de Baleia, Cabo Carvoeiro.
- Óbidos, Serra d'El-Rei, Lourinhã, Praia de Santa Cruz, Ribamar, Ericeira (76 km).
- Ericeira, Mafra, São João das Lampas, Praia das Maças, Colares, Sintra (50 km).
- Sintra, Malveira, Cascais, Belém, Lisbonne (65 or 70 km).
- Free day.
- Transfer to Lisbon airport and flight back to Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!