Bike trip - Cape Cod
May 17 to 22, 2014 > Price (taxes included)
June 7 to 12, 2014 > Price (taxes included)
September 6 to 11, 2014 > Price (taxes included)
Itinerary and map Package includesVQV Formula
: 6 days / 5 nights > Level of difficulty : 2+
Explore at your own pace
The ferry takes you from Plymouth to historic Provincetown, where the famous Mayflower landed in 1620. Your cycling route begins here and takes you, from time to time, into Cape Cod National Seashore Park. It often runs along the sea coast and sand dunes and is dotted here and there with charming villages. In terms of tourism, Hyannis celebrates the memory of John F. Kennedy, Falmouth offers the Historical Society Museum and its magnificent gardens, and Martha’s Vineyard reveals why it has charmed so many American presidents. Add the fresh seafood and beautiful sunsets, and you have an unforgettable cycling getaway!
In the Rayon des voyageurs
Read Chrystine Roy’s review of this destination. She tells us: "Close your eyes. Smell the odor of the sea, feel the warm sun and gentle breeze caressing your skin, listen to seabirds playing, taste a fresh... Read more »
The package includes:
- round-trip bus transportation between Saint-Lambert (south shore of Montréal) and Plymouth;
- bike transportation by truck (no boxing required);
- 5 nights in a two or three-star hotel and motel (double occupancy);
- 5 breakfasts and 2 evening meals;
- ferry transfers;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 15-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $2 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
From 12 to 28 cyclists, accompanied by our guide.
From day to day
Short route: 212 km • Long route: 281 km
– Rendez-vous in Saint-Lambert at 8:30 a.m. and departure at 9 a.m. Arrival in Plymouth at 4 p.m. Meal break on the way.
– Ferry trip from Plymouth to Provincetown (1h). Mayflower Heights, North Truro, Truro, Wellfleet (44 or 59 km).
- Wellfleet, Wellfleet by the Sea, Harwick Port, Dennis Port, West Yarmouth, Hyannis (52 km).
- Hyannis, Craigville, Osterville, Marston Mills, Mashpee, East Falmouth, Falmouth (52 km).
- Free day or looped route via Martha's Vineyard (40 or 50 km).
- Falmouth, Old Silver Beach, Monument Beach, Bourne, Plymouth (64 km). Departure from Plymouth at 3 p.m. Arrival in Saint-Lambert at midnight. Meal break on route.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!