Explore at your own pace
A trip to Vietnam is much more than just a change of scenery: its ways of life seem frozen in time. It reveals its secrets so slowly that we have reserved three full weeks for you to explore this magnificent and hospitable country. In the north, on the borders of China and Laos, the beauty of the gentle green mountains and long bamboo hedges is rivalled by the endless rice fields that carpet the depths of valleys. In the centre of the country, the terrain becomes less rugged but noble cities take centre stage: imperial Hué, colonial Hanoi, delightful Hoi An . . . Not to mention the limestone marvels of Ha Long Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Vietnam by bicycle? A languorous, endlessly fascinating trip.
The package includes:
- round-trip air transportation for passenger and bicycle with Air Canada and Vietnam Airlines, as well as transfer between airport and hotel;
- 17 nights in two- to four-star hotels (double occupancy), 1 night in train and 1 night on a boat, in a cabin;
- 17 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 9 evening meals;
- domestic flights from Hanoi to Hoi An and from Da Nang to Hanoi;
- bus, train, ferry transfers;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $2 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
Start/Finish: Montréal-Trudeau/Hanoi (with connection in Paris) > Hanoi/Montréal-Trudeau (with connection in Paris)
From 6 to 12 cyclists, accompanied by our guide.
From day to day
Short route: 502 km • Long route: 615 km
- Free day in Hanoi.
- Flight to Hoi An. Free afternoon. Guided tour of Hoi An.
- Free day or biking, one way, to the archaeological site of My Son (51 km). Return trip by bus.
- Hoi An, Lang Co Beach (70 km).
- Lang Co Beach, Hué (66 to 89 km). Guided tour of Hué.
- Free day or boat trip to Hué’s Royal Tombs. Return trip by bike (19 km).
- Flight from Da Nang to Hanoi. Free afternoon and pedestrian guided tour of Hanoi.
- Visit to Along Bay.
- Visit to Along Bay. Bus transfer to Hanoi. Night train to Lao Cai.
- Lao Cai, Sapa (36 km). Optional looped route to Ta Phin (8 km).
- Free day or walk through the villages of ethnic minorities in the Sapa region.
- Sapa to Tham Uyên (60 km) and bus transfer to Lai Chau.
- Bus transfer to Muong Lay and biking to Dien Bien Phu (100 km).
- Free day or biking to the hot springs in the Dien Bien region.
- Biking from Dien Bien Phu to Tuang Giao (80 km). Bus transfer to Son La.
- Biking from Son La to Moc Chau (90 km) and bus transfer to Hoa Binh.
- Free day or looped route.
- Bus transfer to Hanoi. Free afternoon.
- Free day.
- Free day and flight back to Montréal.
- Arrival in Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!