Bike trip - Tuscany
May 24 to June 8, 2014 > Price (taxes included) : $4,055
September 9 to 24, 2014 > Price (taxes included) : $4,195
September 25 to October 10, 2014 > Price (taxes included) : $4,195
Itinerary and map Package includesVQV Formula
: 15 days / 14 nights > Level of difficulty : 4
Explore at your own pace
Cycling enthusiasts, Tuscany is yours for the taking. As soft as its light, as elegant as its cypresses, as refined as its olive oil — it’s all about seduction. And the wheels of your bicycle are the perfect match for the rolling Tuscan landscapes. Grace—be it Botticelli’s Venus or Raphael’s madonnas—is ever present. Feast your eyes on enchanting Florence and Siena, where the fieldwork reveals reds and browns in all their glory. Finally, what could be more seductive than a slow passeggiata followed by a delicate Chianti? Who could say no to that? Consider yourself warned: Tuscany is truly irresistible!
The package includes:
- round-trip air transportation for passenger and bicycle with Air Transat as well as transfer between airport and hotel;
- 14 nights in three- or four-star hotels (double occupancy);
- 14 breakfasts and 5 evening meals;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $1 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
: Montréal-Trudeau/Rome-Fiumicino > Rome-Fiumicino/Montréal-Trudeau
Possibility of flight departure from Toronto. Find out more.
From 12 to 28 cyclists, accompanied by our guide (May 24 and Sept. 9).
From 12 to 36 cyclists, accompanied by our guide (Sept. 25). Addition of a 2nd
guide based on the number of travellers.
Price of land portion of trip
(taxes included): $3275
Package excluding air transportation for passenger and bicycle.
From day to day
Short route: 303 km • Long route: 855 km
Day 1 -
Arrival in Rome and transfer to Arezzo (3 h 30).
- Free day or looped route (34 to 63 km).
- Arezzo, Monte San Savino, Lucignano, Cortona (58 to 80 km).
- Cortona, Petrignano del Lago, Pozzuolo, Castiglione del Lago, Montepulciano (40 or 61 km).
- Free day or looped route via Pienza, San Quirico d'Orcia, San Giovanni d'Asso (49 to 85 km).
- Montepulciano, Trequanda, Asciano, Vescona, Arbia, Siena (67 or 88 km).
- Free day.
- Free day or looped route via Radda in Chianti (64 or 93 km).
- Siena, Sovicille, Mensano, Casole d'Elsa, Volterra (73 km).
- Free day or looped route via San Gimignano, Castagno, Vicarello (66 km).
- Volterra, Bibbona, Castagneto Carducci, San Vincenzo (65 km).
- Free day or looped route on the island of Elba (72 km).
- Free day or looped route to Massa Marittima (109 km).
- Transfer from San Vincenzo to Rome (3 h 30).
- Transfer to Rome airport and flight back to Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!