Vélo Mag Training Camp
Available in customized package only
: 3 days / 2 nights > Level of difficulty
Itinerary and map
Explore at your own pace
An ideal opportunity to combine physical exertion with beautiful scenery. The region definitely remains a cycling challenge, and though you will be there to test your limits and improve your technique, it will be amidst the wondrous setting surrounding the very Olympic Lake Placid. On the return to Plattsburgh, your trainer will assess what you’ve learned, and you will undoubtedly be a better cyclist!
• Three biking excursions of 90 to 146 km with the coaches;
• Short afternoon technical and practical workshops: assessment of your cycling technique; tips on how to prepare for an outing; positioning yourself on your bicycle; uphill and downhill techniques; how to replenish your energy on the road; basic and advanced techniques for cycling as part of a pack.
• Must be physically fit (minimum of 6 hours of training per week);
• Able to maintain an average minimum speed of 28 km/h for at least two hours;
• Must have cycled more than 2,000 km over the last cycling season, including at least three consecutive 60-km days;
• Cycle regularly as part of a group or pack;
• Use a road or touring bicycle.
You may be interested in the training camp in the White Mountains
The package includes:
- 2 nights in three-star hotel, double occupancy;
- 2 breakfasts and 1 evening meal.
Transportation between Montréal and Hemmingford (about 1 hour by car) is not included.
From 12 to 28 cyclists, accompanied by two trainers including Yannick Cojan and our guide.
From day to dayShort route: 281 km • Long route: 410 km
Day 1 - Arrival in Hemmingford. Biking via Plattsburgh, Peru, Keeseville, Elizabethtown, Keene, Lake Placid (135 km).
Day 2 - Free day or looped routes via Au Sable Forks, Black Brook, Wilmington, White Face (90 or 103 km). Optional route: round-trip to White Face Mountain (26 km).
Day 3 - Lake Placid, Saranac Lakes, Lake Clear, Redford, Plattsburgh, Hemmingford (146 km).
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!