Explore at your own pace
A wonderful overview of a country so diversified that it is dubbed the Rainbow Nation
! First on the three-part itinerary is the oft visited cultural hub of Cape Town, as well as the winelands, with stops in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Next is Johannesburg, the country’s largest city, and Soweto, hotbed of anti-apartheid activity, followed by a tour through the Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve and Kruger National Park, where a photo safari will take you among giraffes, elephants and lions! Lastly, you ride to neighbouring Swaziland — rural land of grass huts, dances, festivals and handicrafts —, before returning to Johannesburg. Definitely three very colourful weeks!
Your trip includes 7 of South Africa’s top 10 attractions!
From day to day
Short route: 709 km • Long route: 1039 km
- Depart from Montréal.
- Arrival in Cape Town and transfer to the hotel.
- Free day or city tour by bike.
- Cape Town, Stellenbosch (50 to 75 km).
- Stellenbosch, Franschhoek (50 to 85 km).
- Franschhoek, Caledon (60 to 70 km).
- Caledon, Gordon's Bay (70 to 120 km).
- Free day or looped route.
- Gordon's Bay, Simon's Town (65 km).
- Simon's Town, Cape of Good Hope, Cape Town (60 to 105 km).
- Transfer to Cape Town airport and flight to Johannesburg. Free day in Johannesburg.
- Transfer to Lydenburg.
- Lydenburg, Sabie (60 km).
- Sabie, Graskop (64 km). Optional round-trip: Pilgrim's nest, Robbers Pass (50 km).
- Free day or looped route (25 or 80 km).
- Graskop, Skukuza (95 km).
- Free day and safari in Kruger national park.
- Safari and transfer to Malelane.
- Malelane, Piggs Peaks (Swaziland) (80 or 100 km).
- Piggs Peaks, Mbabane (Swaziland) (55 to 70 km).
- Transfer to the Mbabane airport and flight to Johannesburg.
- Transfer to the Johannesburg airport and flight back to Montréal.
- Arrival in Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!