Explore at your own pace
A quick tour of Slovenia—the green heart of Europe, your route will take you to the Karst Plateau, with its network of over 8,000 subterranean caves, including that of Postojna. Then, pedaling along the picturesque gorges of the Soča River, you will reach the Triglav National Park and its long pass leading to Slovenia’s must-see attraction: Lake Bled, its island and its monastery - the most photographed spot in the country. Next up is Celje, the fortified “City of Princes”, offering cultural activities and thermal baths. From there, the peaceful, panoramic Krka River valley brings you to the lovely capital city of Ljubljana, with its Parisian-style architecture and cuisine. Dobrodošli!
The package includes:
- round-trip air transportation for passenger and bicycle with Air Transat, as well as transfer between airport and hotel;
- 14 nights in three- or four-star hotels (double occupancy);
- 14 breakfasts and 5 evening meals;
- bus transfers;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $2 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
Montréal-Trudeau/Venice > Venice/Montréal-Trudeau
Possibility of flight departure from Toronto. Find out more.
From 12 à 28 cyclists, accompanied by our guide.
Price of land portion of trip
(taxes included): $3125 (May); $3040 (August)
Package excluding air transportation for passenger and bicycle.
From day to day
Short route: 551 km • Long route: 811 km
- Arrival in Venice and transfer to Postojna.
- Free day or looped route to Skocjan caves (57 to 77 km). Optional visit of Postojna caves.
- Postojna, Nova Gorica (77 km). • Long route via the castle of Predjama (90 km).
- Nova Gorica, Bovec (78 km).
- Bovec, Kranjska Gora. Optional looped route via Austria-Italy (45 to 61 km).
- Kranjska Gora, Bled (38 km).
- Free day or looped route via Bohinjska Bistrica (54 to 61 km).
- Bled, Kamnik (62 km).
- Kamnik, Celje (67 to 75 km).
- Free day or looped route via Svetina, Lasko, Trobni (60 to 85 km).
- Celje, Otocec (95 km).
- Otocec, Ljubljana (89 km).
- Free day or looped route.
(May 31 to June 15 trip) - Transfer to Piran and free day.
(August 16 to 31 trip) - Free day in Ljubljana or looped route.
(May 31 to June 15 trip) - Transfer from Piran to Venice airport and flight back to Montréal.
(August 16 to 31 trip) - Transfer from Ljubljana to Venice airport and flight back to Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!