Bike trip - Japan
October 6 to 21, 2014* > Price (taxes included)
October 5 to 20, 2015* >
Price to be announced
N E W Trip length
Itinerary and map Package includesVQV Formula
: 15 days / 14 nights > Level of difficulty : 3+
* Contact us to find out what is available.
Explore at your own pace
This select route, running mainly through the Kansai region and the southern part of the country, provides a stimulating snapshot of Japanese culture. On the program: the historical capitals of Kyoto and Nara, the modern city of Osaka, the wooden castle in Himeji, the most visited in the country, not to mention Mount Kōya, where you will sleep in a monastery. And that’s not all! Add to this Hiroshima, a string of islands — featuring Shikoku and its 88 temples — linked by 6 bridges, a high-speed ride to Kyoto at 300 km/h aboard the Shinkansen train, as well as the typical ryokan guest houses, and you have a memorable Japan, where fine weather, quiet elegance and gourmet delights greet you each day.
- round-trip air transportation for passenger and bicycle with Air Canada ;
- 14 nights in two- to four-star hotels or ryokan (traditional japanese hotels) (double occupancy);
- 14 breaksfasts, 3 lunches and 7 evening meals;
- bus, ferry and train transfers;
- guided tour of Hiroshima and Miyajima;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $2 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
Start/Finish: Montréal-Trudeau/Osaka (with connections) > Osaka/Montréal-Trudeau (with connections)
From 12 to 20 cyclists, accompanied by our guide and a local guide.
Price of land portion of trip (taxes included): $5650 (from October 6 to 21st 2014)
Package excluding air transportation for passenger and bicycle.
From day to day
Short route: 430 km • Long route: 625 km
- Arrival in Osaka and transfer to the hotel.
- Free day or looped route (25 km).
- Transfer to Kobe. Kobe, Himeji (65 km).
- Ferry to Shodo Shima Island. Shodo Shima Island, Tonosho (30 to 50 km). Ferry to Takamatsu.
- Takamatsu, Kawanoe (60 to 95 km).
- Free day or round-trip to Canyon Oboke (90 km).
- Kawanoe, Imabari (80 km).
- Imabari, Shimanami Sea Route (65 km). Transfer to Hiroshima.
- Free day. Transfer by high speed train to Kyoto.
- Free day or looped route (25 km).
- Kyoto, Nara (45 km).
- Nara, Yoshino (55 km).
- Yoshino, Koyasan (30 km).
- Transfer to Osaka.
- Transfer to Osaka airport and flight back to Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!