Bike trip - Cuba, Holguín in Loops
November 8 to 15, 2014 > Price (taxes included)
November 15 to 22, 2014 > Price (taxes included)
December 27 to January 3, 2015 > Price (taxes included)
Package available for non-cycling companion. Contact us.
Itinerary and map Package includesVQV Formula
: 8 days / 7 nights > Level of difficulty : 3+
Explore at your own pace
What better than the heat of Cuba to kick off the cycling year? And to fully appreciate the beauty of Holguin province, you are based at the same hotel all week long, with the ocean close by. From here, you follow various loops, passing through Playa Blanca, Gibara — where the observation tower provides a magnificent view —, Banes — dubbed the architectural capital of Cuba — and La Trocha, near the town of Holguín. Sometimes flat, sometimes undulating, the route is always gorgeous. And at the end of the day, the pleasures of the beach await you. A lovely scenario!
In the Rayon des voyageurs
Read Richard Belisle's review of this destination. He tells us: “This is a sun destination where we have the opportunity to live each day... Read more »
The package includes:
- round-trip air transportation for passenger and bicycle with Air Transat as well as transfer between airport and hotel;
- 7 nights in a four-star hotel at the Hotel Playa Costa Verde (all inclusive), in double occupancy;
- all meals (including local and international beverage and wine);
- bus transfers;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $1 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
Cuban airport tax is not included (25 convertible pesos).
From 12 to 28 cyclists, accompanied by our guide.
Start/Finish: Montreal-Trudeau/Holguín > Holguín/Montreal-Trudeau.
For this trip, a package is available for non-cycling companions. Ask our travel consultants for more information about this option.
From day to day
Short route: 112 km • Long route: 476 km
- Arrival in Holguín. Transfer to the hotel.
- Round-trip from the hotel to Playa Blanca (40 km).
- Round-trip from the hotel to El Retrete (72 km).
- Round-trip from the hotel to Holguin (100 km) or departure from the hotel to Holguin (50 km) and bus transfer from Holguin to the hotel (1h).
- Round-trip from the hotel to Banes (102 km).
- Bus transfer from the hotel to Las Tunas (3h). Las Tunas to Holguin by bicycle (73 km). Bus transfer from Holguin to the hotel (1 h).
- Bus transfer from the hotel to El Manguito (1h30). El Manguito to the hotel by bicycle (89 km).
- Transfer to Holguín airport and flight back to Montreal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!