Explore at your own pace
Guadeloupe is a cycling paradise, with its dreamy setting, tropical sea climate, smooth asphalt and rich biking tradition, boasting 60 years of international cycling tours. This butterfly-shaped archipelago will undoubtedly give wings to your pedals! From Pointe-à-Pitre, you will bike along Île de Grande-Terre, a plain bordered by a mangrove
to the southwest, where the popular Riviera is also found; then along hilly Île Marie-Galante, nicknamed “Grande Galette”; and lastly along mountainous Île de Basse-Terre, covered from north to south with a tropical forest and featuring an abundance of rivers and waterfalls, not to mention the majestic 1,467-metre Soufrière volcano.
, cyclist from Gatineau, biked this trip in 2008 and 2011.
He tells us: “This is my favourite southern destination. I love the floral beauty of the islands. There are flowers everywhere, as well as a variety of spectacular landscapes.” Read more in the Rayon des voyageurs
From day to day
Short route: 152 km • Long route: 412 km
- Arrival in Pointe-à-Pitre and transfer to the hotel in Le Gosier.
- Looped route via Sainte-Anne, Saint-François, Le Moule, Grands-Fonds (60 or 80 km).
- Looped route via Deshauteurs, Boisvin, Vieux-Bourg, Morne-à-l’eau, Petit-Canal, Les Mangles, Douville (85 km).
- Free day or ferry from Pointe-à-Pitre to Marie-Galante Island (Grand-Bourg). Capesterre-de-Marie-Galante, Beauséjour, Saint-Louis, Grand-Bourg (55 km), Ferry from Marie-Galante Island (Grand Bourg) to Pointe-à-Pitre.
- Le Gosier, Bouillante, Vieux-Habitants, Saint-Claude (70 km).
- Free day. Soufrière excursion or looped route via Vieux-Fort (40 km).
- Saint-Claude, Trois-Rivières, Capesterre-Belle-Eau, Petit-Bourg, Le Gosier (82 km).
- Free morning. Transfer to Pointe-à-Pitre airport and flight back to Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!