Explore at your own pace
You can navigate the Bruges canals by moonlight, admire the reflections of gabled roofs along the canals in Delft, visit the Alkmaar cheese market, ride north to Den Helder and l’île de Texel, follow in the footsteps of Rembrandt to Amsterdam or treat yourself to mussels and fries around the Grand Place in Brussels. But above all, take advantage of the incredible bike network criss-crossing Belgium and the Netherlands, cycling countries where the bicycle reigns supreme. Not only are the bikeways impeccable, omnipresent and virtually flat, but they also take you almost anywhere. Here, biking is a way of life.
Tom Flies tells us : “Greetings from the Marken peninsula – last leg of our Brussels-Amsterdam excursion. Linked to the continent by a 1.6 km dike, it harbours an old fishing village marked by its desire to conquer the sea. Accessing it by bike gives you the sensation of pedaling on water.” Read more in the Rayon des voyageurs
From day to day
Short route: 370 km • Long route: 545 km
- Arrival in Bruxelles and transfer to the hotel in Gand.
- Gand, Aalter, Beernam, Bruges (45 km).
- Free day or looped route (30 to 57 km).
- Transfer to Delft.
- Free day or round trip to Kinderdijk (63 km).
- Delft, Den Haag, Katwijk aan Zee, Leiden (44 km).
- Leiden, Noordwijk aan Zee, Keukenhof, Zandvoort, Haarlmen (58 km).
- Haarlem, Ijmuiden, Alkmaar (50 km).
- Alkmaar, Bergen aan Zee, Petten, Callantsoog, Den Helder (53 km).
- Free day or looped route to Texel island (55 km).
- Den Helder, Anna Paulowna, Schagen, Heerhugowaard, Osthuizen, Edam, Volendam (77 km).
- Volendam, Monnickendam, Marken, Amsterdam (43 km).
- Free day. Evening transfer to Bruxelles.
- Free day.
- Transfer to Bruxelles airport and flight back to Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!