Bike trip - Mexico, Baja California
Available in customized package only
Itinerary and map
: 8 days / 7 nights > Level of difficulty : 3
Explore at your own pace
In Mexico’s Baja California, you will find a dry tropical climate close to perfection, with an average of 350 days of sunshine a year, where beaches and deserts, sierras and valleys unfold in perfect harmony. From 50 to 250 km in breadth, the peninsula separates the Pacific Ocean from the Gulf of California. This marvellous strip of land actually provided the setting for John Steinbeck’s novella “The Pearl”. The proposed itinerary focuses on the southernmost portion of the peninsula, looping from San José del Cabo — the so-called end of the world! — all the way up to La Paz which, despite its popularity, has managed to maintain its authenticity.
The package includes:
- round-trip air transportation for passenger and bicycle with Air Canada as well as transfer between airport and hotel;
- 7 nights in two- to four-star hotels (double occupancy);
- 7 breakfasts and 2 evening meals;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $1 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
From 12 to 28 cyclists, accompanied by our guide.
Start/Finish: Montréal-Trudeau/San José del Cabo with connection in Toronto > San José del Cabo/Montréal-Trudeau with connection in Toronto
From day to day
Short route: 385 km • Long route: 500 km
- Arrival in San José del Cabo and transfer to the hotel.
- San José del Cabo, Palmilla, Cabo San Lucas (34 km).
- Cabo San Lucas, Pozo de Cota, La Tinaja, El Pescadero, Todos Santos (77 km).
- Todos Santos, La Vineteria, San Pedro, La Paz (84 km).
- Free day or looped route via San Juan de la Costa, Playa Tecolote, El Sargento (52 to 115 km).
- La Paz, San Pedro, El Salto, San Antonio, La Venta, Las Palmas, Los Barriles (108 km).
- Los Barriles, Santiago, Agua Caliente, Caduaño, Santa Anita, San José del Cabo (82 km).
- Transfer to San José del Cabo airport and flight back to Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!