Explore at your own pace
Does the adventurous spirit of Marco Polo inhabit the cyclist in you? Then why not explore Croatia, where the blue, blue sea is at its most hypnotic? Mesmerized by the play of reflections between the Dalmatian Coast and the Adriatic Islands, the eyes of the traveller know no rest. Confronted with fortified towns and their glazed tiles, with the silence of isolated islands, you are paralyzed with pleasure. Frozen in marble and stone, the millennial influences seem to come back to life as you pass. Zadar and its sea organ, Split and the Palace of Diocletian, Hvar, the pearl of the Adriatic, and the green of island Korèula—all vie for your attention. Lastly, “If you want to see heaven on earth, come to Dubrovnik.” Now it’s your turn to gaze in wonder, just like Marco Polo…
The package includes:
- round-trip air transportation for passenger and bicycle with Air Transat, as well as transfer between airport and hotel;
- 14 nights in two-to four-star hotels and private houses, (double occupancy);
- 14 breakfasts and 5 evening meals;
- domestic flights with Croatia Airlines (outbound, from Barcelona to Split; inbound, from Dubrovnik to Barcelona);
- bus and ferry transfers.
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $2 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
: Montréal-Trudeau/Barcelona > Barcelona/Montréal-Trudeau
From 12 to 15 cyclists, accompanied by our guide.
Price of land portion of trip
(taxes included): price to be announced
Package excluding air transportation for passenger and bicycle.
From day to day
Short route: 451 km • Long route: 861 km
Arrival in Barcelona and transfer to the hotel.
Flight to Split and transfer to the hotel in Zadar.
Free day or looped route via Brisevo, Poljica Brig, Vrsi, Nin, Diklo (49 km).
- Zadar. Ferry to Uglian and Paman islands. Biograd, Polača, Budak, ibenik (90 km).
- ibenik, Grabestica, Primoten, Marina, Trogir, Katela, Split (87 or 94 km).
Free day or ferry to Brac island. Looped route via Supetar, Nereića, Pranica, Postira, Splitska. (65 to 93 km).
- Split. Ferry to Stari Grad. Stari Grad, Brusje, Hvar (20 or 48 km).
- Hvar, Vrboska, Jelsa, Poljica, Zastraiće, Gdinj, Bogomolje, Selca, Sućuraj (83 km).
- Sućuraj, ferry, Zaostrog. Gradac, Ploca, ferry, Trpanj, Orebic. Ferry to Korcula (50 to 100 km).
Free day or looped routes via Lumbarda, Racisce, Pupnat, Smokvica, Blato, Vela Luka, Blato, Brna, Smokvica, Pupnat (12 to 110 km).
- Korčula. Ferry to Orebic. Orebić, Potomje, Janjina, Dracé, Dubrava, Ston, Mali Ston (65 to 83 km).
- Mali Ston, Doli, Majkovi, Slano, Oraac, Zaton, Dubrovnik (56 to 70 km).
Free morning in Dubrovnik. Flight to Barcelona and transfer to the hotel.
Transfer to Barcelona airport and flight back to Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!