Explore at your own pace
Leaving from San Isidro de El General, the largest city south of San José, this route offers spectacular views of the slopes of Mount Chirripó, the highest peak of Costa Rica in the Talamanca range. You bike along the Terraba River flanked by magnificent sugar cane, coffee, pineapple and banana plantations. On the free day at Ojochal, several excursions are available between the beaches and mountains, in the heart of nature with the sounds of howling monkeys and toucans. And to wind it up, you can visit the Manuel Antonio Park. Biking at its best!
From day to day
Short route: 309 km • Long route: 356 km
- Arrival in San José. Transfer to the hotel.
- Transfer to San Isidro de El General. Free day or looped route (16 or 27 km).
- San Isidro de El General, La Junta, Santa Ana, El Peje, El Ceibo, Buenos Aires (60 km).
- Buenos Aires, El Brujo, Paso Real, Rey Curré, Cajon de Boruca, Palmar Norte, Ciudad Cortez, Buena Ventana, Coronado, Punta Mala, Ojochal (91 km).
- Free day or round trip to Sierpe via Punta Mala, Coronado, Buena Ventana, Ciudad Cortez, Palmar Norte, Palmar Sur (94 km).
- Ojochal, Playa Ventana, Playa Piñuela, Playa Balena, Uvita, Playa Hermosa, Hacienda Baru, Dominical, Hatillo, Matalpo, Savegre, Quepos, Manuel Antonio (84 km).
- Free day or visit of Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Transfer to San José airport and flight back to Montréal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!