Explore at your own pace
A small Central American jewel set between two oceans, Costa Rica is home to a uniquely diverse array of ecosystems. Succumb to the charms of its picturesque peaks and contrasting landscapes, from the central valley to the volcanic mountains, from the tropical forests to the uplands, and from conservation parks to the Pacific beaches. Want to prolong your pleasure?
The package includes:
- round-trip air transportation for passenger and bicycle with Air Transat;
- 7 nights in two- to three-star hotel, double occupancy;
- 7 breakfasts and 3 evening meals;
- bus transfers;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $1 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
From 12 to 28 cyclists, accompanied by our guide.
Start/Finish: Montréal-Trudeau/San José > San José /Montréal-Trudeau.
From day to day
Short route: 261 km • Long route: 336 km
- Arrival in San José. Transfer to the hotel.
- Transfer to Irazú Volcano (1h30) and visit. Biking via Pacayas, Santa Cruz, Turrialba (75 km).
- Turrialba, Tuccurique, Orosi (50 km).
- Transfer to San Ramon (2h). Biking via San Lorenzo, Pocosol, La Fortuna (52 km).
- Free day or looped route (20 or 75 km).
- La Fortuna, Nuevo Arenal (47 km).
- Nuevo Renal, Tilaran (37 km). Transfer to Jaco (2h).
- Transfer to San José airport and flight back to Montreal.
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!