Bike trip - South Africa
October 12 to November 3, 2014 > Price (taxes included)
October 11 to November 2, 2015* >
Price to be announced
: 23 days / 20 nights > Level of difficulty
* Contact us to find out what is available.
Itinerary and mapPackage includesVQV Formula
Explore at your own pace
A wonderful overview of a country so diversified that it is dubbed the Rainbow Nation
! First on the three-part itinerary is the oft visited cultural hub of Cape Town, as well as the winelands, with stops in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Next is Johannesburg, the country’s largest city, and Soweto, hotbed of anti-apartheid activity, followed by a tour through the Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve and Kruger National Park, where a photo safari will take you among giraffes, elephants and lions! Lastly, you ride to neighbouring Swaziland — rural land of grass huts, dances, festivals and handicrafts —, before returning to Johannesburg. Definitely three very colourful weeks!
Your trip includes 7 of South Africa’s top 10 attractions!
- round-trip air transportation for passenger and bicycle with KLM, as well as transfer between airport and hotel;
- 20 nights in two- to four-star hotels (double occupancy);
- 20 breakfasts and 6 evening meals;
- domestic flights and bus transfers;
- 2 safaris;
- baggage transportation (one bag per person, 20-kg maximum);
- mechanical assistance and access to a relief vehicle;
- daily route plans;
- taxes and the $2 contribution per $1,000 of services purchased to the Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents.
Equipment (e.g., bicycle) is not included.
Start/Finish: Montréal-Trudeau/Cape Town (with connection in Amsterdam) > Johannesburg/Montréal-Trudeau (with connection in Amsterdam)
From 12 to 28 cyclists, accompanied by our guide.
Addition of a 2nd guide from 20 travellers.
Price of land portion of trip (taxes included): To be announced
Package excluding air transportation for passenger and bicycle.
From day to day
Short route: 906 km • Long route: 1029 km
- Departure from Montreal-Trudeau towards Cape Town
- Arrival to Cape Town and transfer by bus to the hotel
- Free day
- Bike 71 km by Durbanville, Fisantekraal
- Bike 89 km by Windmeul, Paarl, Wemmershoek
- Bike 84 km by Villiersdorp
- Bike 118 km by Kleinmond, Betty's Bay, Pringel's Bay
- Bike 55 km by Muizenberg
- Free day or loop around Fish Hoek. Bike 32 or 99 km.
- Bike 41 km by Hout Bay, Camps Bay
-Flight towards Johannesburg ( 2hrs) and free for the rest of the day.
-Transfer by bus towards Lydenburg (350km +/-4hrs)
- Bike 59 km
- Bike 66 or 91 km by Pilgrim's Rest or 91 km optional course for God's Window
- Bike 71 km
- Bike 88 km and safari in the evening
- Free day
- Safari in the morning and free for the rest of the day
- Bike 100 km by Piggs Peak
- Bike 64 km by Pine Valley
-Transfer to the airport (45 min), transfer towards Johannesburg and free for the rest of the day
-Transfer towards the airport and flight to Montreal
- Arrival in Montreal
Itinerary subject to change.
Choosing Vélo Québec Voyages guarantees you an unforgettable cycling vacation! Riding with peace of mind and savouring every moment, in total vacation mode: that’s the VQV formula, as outlined below.
You’re free as the air!
When you travel with us, you start your day when and how you want, cycle at your own pace and eat at your leisure. We handle everything else - reservations, baggage transportation, certain meal planning, mechanical assistance, route mapping, etc. —with special attention to details. In this way, you can focus on your vacation with complete peace of mind – free as the air.
You can rely on professional supervision
Our knowledge of cycling clienteles, our attractive route proposals and our organizational expertise have earned us an excellent reputation. This stems from the passion of about forty people — guides, travel advisors and logisticians — determined to make your cycling vacation as enjoyable as possible.
You ride your own bike
We understand the special relationship you have with your bike. Perfectly adjusted to your height and preferences, it gives you the comfort you need to fully appreciate the pleasures of travelling. We know that your bike is like an old friend, which is why all of our packages involving airline flights and coach service include the transportation of your bicycle… your favourite travel companion!